The Mall House
Barnardos Family Support and Targeted Early Intervention Service provides support to children, young people and their parents/carers either in the family home or in the service's project base. It works together with families and other relevant stakeholders to identify needs and to plan programmes of work to achieve desired outcomes.
Barnardos aims to work with both fathers and mothers as this supports consistency in parenting and strengthens outcomes for children
Services offered include:
- Information, advice and support to children, young people and their families
- Individual programmes of work with children.
- Barnardos Partnership with Parents Programme
- Family work
- Group work programmes for children and parents
- Targeted Early Years’ Service
- Parent & Toddler Group
- Parenting Workshops
- TLC Kidz project for children and mothers who have experienced domestic violence
Target Group: Children, young people and their parents/carers
Referral: Self-referral from parents/carers; referral from professionals who have agreed this with the family.
- Thurles Primary Care Team area for individual and family work
- North Tipperary area for Group work programmes