The Department of Social Protection (DSP) is tasked with administering the welfare system. It oversees the provision of income support and other social services.
DSP programmes to support people with disabilities in the work place include:
- Wage subsidy scheme
- Workplace Equipment Adaptation Grant
- Interpreter Grant for people with a speech impediment
- Personal Reader Grant for people with visual impairment
- Disability Awareness Support Scheme for employers who want to promote integration in the workplace.
- Employee Retention Grant for the retention of employees who develop disability while employed.
How to access: Contact local Social Welfare Branch Office/Intreo Centre.