Nenagh Youth Development Project works with young people, aiming to respond to local youth issues and needs, through the provision of targeted, preventative and intervention youth work programmes
The project provides a Universal Youth Work service supported by volunteers in a community setting to all young people, aged 10-24 years, in the Nenagh area and hinterland including those with physical, learning and psychological or emotional disabilities.
- Targeted Preventative and Early Intervention work:
- Providing support in a community setting to all targeted young people, referred into the project.
- Developing a needs led outcome based youth services and programmes for local young people which will enable them to expand their life skills and provide education and information on relevant youth issues. Programmes include ‘Real U’ (Relationships and Sexuality programme), ‘Be Healthy Be Happy’, Leadership, and Citizenship programmes.
- Inter-agency work within the community to provide programmes with schools and other local agencies and organisations.
- Universal Youth Work service is for all young people, aged 10 – 21 years in the town and surrounding areas.
- Targeted work with young people who are referred by Túsla, An Garda Síochána, Schools and other key individuals in the community.
Geographical remit: Nenagh and surrounding villages