HSE Mid-West North Tipperary Drug & Alcohol Addiction service is a community based drug and alcohol service for young people and adults affected by substance misuse. The service provides free confidential drug, alcohol and gambling treatment services.
Services provided include:
- Drop-In/Walk-In screening once a week for people with concerns about their drug and/or alcohol use.
- Group work
- Key working
- Care Planning
- Harm reduction
- Needle Exchange
- Detoxification support
- Supported referral to other services
There are 3 HSE Education Officers in the HSE Substance Misuse services who deliver Awareness raising programmes that link with schools, young people and their parents.
- young people, aged 14 – 25 years in relation to drug or alcohol use
- Adults aged 25 years and upwards in relation to drug use
- Anyone trying to cope with impact of someone else’s drug or alcohol use
Referral: Self-referral; referral by GP or other agencies conditional on consent of the individual referred.