Three Drives Family Resource Centre
22/23 Greenane Drive
Three Drives Family Resource Centre provides a wide range of resources and supports to meet the needs of children and their families in the local community and surrounding areas.
Parenting & Family Supports
- Family Support service for families and individuals who need help with a variety of issues affecting their lives. Concerns are dealt with confidentially in a professional manner with appropriate supports, advice and help provided.
- Parent & Toddler Group: Catering for the needs of parents and their children, providing a safe place to meet and make new friends and social connections whilst benefiting from peer support.
- Breastfeeding Support Group: Providing a space for breastfeeding mothers and their children to meet, and to benefit from peer support and advice from Public Health Nurses.
- Delivery of the Positive Parenting for Changing Families programme to parents on an individual basis or in a group.
- After school programme: Catering for children from 4 years of age up to 6th Class in Primary School. It provides a range of social and educational supports to children with an emphasis on fun and social interaction. A wide range of activities are incorporated into the programme including excursions at Halloween and Christmas, and Easter and Summer Camps.
- Art Therapy: Children and young people can find the medium of art a much easier way to express their worries. The art therapist provides a safe place for this to happen, by building a relationship of trust with the child. This service is for the age group, 4 – 18 years.
- Play Therapy: Children who attend play therapy enter into a dynamic relationship with the therapist that enables them to express themselves, explore and make sense of the world in which they live and resolve difficult or painful experiences through the medium of play. This service is for children aged between of 3 – 12 years who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
Courses for education, training and personal development
- Community Arts for beginners and more advanced students, using a variety of styles and media.
- Mindfulness is delivered over two hour sessions and enables participants to maintain a moment-by-moment awareness of their thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment, through a gentle, nurturing lens.
- Community & Further Education: The range of courses vary but include Basic and Paediatric First Aid with the Order of Malta, Basic Horticulture, Life-coaching, Yoga, Cookery skills, Zumba, Arts & Crafts, CV preparation and interview skills.
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points): Primary Food Hygiene Course FSAI Level 2. The 12 hour course is delivered over 3 days. This course takes into account all of the recent changes and requirements in Food Safety legislation standards.
- English classes for members of the non-Irish national community: - Supports new members of our community with the opportunity to learn English from basic to more advanced levels.
- Dress making & sewing courses
Other supports: Counselling for adults
Eligibility: Children and adults from Tipperary town and surrounding rural areas
Referrals: Self-referrals, family referrals and Referrals from Túsla and other agencies.
9am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday
From time to time centre facilitates evening classes, usual time for same 7pm-9pm