St. Cronan’s Association provides Day Support to adults living with disabilities and/or autism at four centres variously located in Roscrea, Nenagh and Birr. Services provided include:
- Rehabilitative Training which focuses on the development of an individual’s life skills, social skills and basic work skills with the objective of enhancing levels of independence and social integration. The trainees participate in individualised programmes with a variety of modules and all courses undertaken and completed are QQ1 accredited.
- Sheltered services which provide structured occupation and other activities with a rehabilitative, developmental and therapeutic focus, for people with physical, sensory and intellectual disabilities.
- The Activation programme provides activation services for people with a moderate intellectual disability who have high support needs and require a diverse programme of activities. The range of activities includes community integration, horticulture, arts and crafts, computers, cooking and multi-sensory activities.
- This Day Service programme is designed, for people with a moderate/mild intellectual disability, to promote community participation and integration through work, educational and leisure opportunities. This programme encourages service users to build links with their local communities and works with organisations such as the VEC, Local Sports Partnership, Tidy Towns and other Community Groups.
- Programme for the Elderly
St. Cronan’s also run the ROOTSability (Reaching Out Open to Success) programme, one of the projects under the national Ability programme to promote positive pathways into education, training and employment for young people with disabilities. The ROOTSability programme aims to support 24 young people aged 20-29 years with mild-moderate intellectual disability and/or autism to progress to enter the workplace and/or to assume a meaningful and sustainable social role within their own community.
Target Group: Adults with disabilities and/or autism.
How to access: Contact HSE Occupational Guidance Officer
St. Cronans Services Addresses:
- Grange, Templemore Road, Roscrea. Co. Tipperary Tel. (0505) 21426
- Mary Gill House, 97-98 Springfort Meadows, Nenagh. Co. Tipperary Tel. (067) 34997
HSE Occupational Guidance Officer, North Tipperary
Tel. (061) 461455 / 086-3806863