Mid West Local Area Employment Service (MWLAES) is an employment support service provided under contract to the Department of Social Protection. It is responsible for the provision of employment assistance and advice services to jobseekers to help them to enter or return to employment. The jobseekers in the service are primarily those who are long term unemployed and the farthest from the labour market.
MWLAES provide a high-quality, personalised service to support the client to achieve their goals, giving them the best possible chance of entering and sustaining employment. Throughout the programme, the client will receive dedicated support from an individual caseworker. The services provided include:
- A one-to-one, face-to-face meeting with the dedicated caseworker within 20 working days of receiving the client referral. The caseworker can work with the client for a period of up to 12 months.
- An initial assessment, where the client will complete a guided self-assessment questionnaire. These answers will help the caseworker get to know the client and enable the service to support the client more effectively.
- Creating a Personal Progression Plan (PPP) with the caseworker, who will assess the client’s skills, experience, needs and work goals. The clients PPP will be based on their unique support needs and employment goals, as well as the outcomes from the guided self-assessment questionnaire, and form the client’s activity programme, which will include a schedule of job-focused targets including training and upskilling. The caseworker will put the client in touch with employers who are offering suitable employment positions.
- Formal reviews meetings with the caseworker (every 12 weeks). Reviews will enable the service to work with the client to update the PPP and support needs and circumstances as they change.
The service is delivered in the region in partnership with the Mid West Region Paul Partnership.
Target Groups: Jobseekers in receipt of Social Welfare payments, primarily those who are long-term unemployed.
How to contact: Direct contact with local LAES office. Referrals are also received from the Department of Social Protection Intreo offices.
- Nenagh: North Tipperary Development Company, Unit 1 Friars Court, Nenagh E45 DK07
Tel. (067) 34900/ 56676
- Roscrea: North Tipperary Development Company, Main Street, Roscrea E53 XP82
Tel. (0505) 24168
- Thurles: North Tipperary Development Company, No.1 Kickham Street, Thurles E41 D935
Tel. (0504) 90579
By appointment, Monday - Friday, 9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.