Silver Arch FRC
52 Silver Street
Silver Arch Family Resource Centre offers community based support, information and advocacy services to individuals, families and groups in North Tipperary, with a particular focus on those who are more disadvantaged.
The services provided are as follows:
- Parent Support Programme: provides a holistic support service of parent mentoring and guidance for parents who experience challenges in their parenting role. The focus is on nurturing healthy parent/ child relationships, understanding behaviour and issues that arise at all ages and stages of development, addressing the issues that impeded parenting and advocating parents in specific situations. The service is delivering through group courses, themed seminars and workshops and individual one-to-one support sessions.
- Community Development: has a collective and community focus and works with people to influence, change and exert control over the issues that affect their lives. The work is carried out with individuals, groups and communities and involves
- Afterschool Groups: For children aged 7-12 which runs throughout the year and includes a Summer Camp
- Community Education Programmes supported by Tipperary ETB
- Group Development
- Family & Community events
- Community Mothers Programme: available to parents/families following the birth of a baby and up to preschool age. It offers individual support through home visits, breastfeeding support groups, baby massage classes, healthy weaning information and workshops. In addition to these supports, weekly sessions of Parent Toddler and Baby Groups operate in nine locations across Tipperary.
- Partnership with Families: offers practical support to parents whose children are in care. The advocate supports parents in being as involved as possible in the care plans for their children, and also offers support when engaging with social workers and with accessing all other relevant services e.g. addiction services, counselling, legal aid, housing along with other practical supports.
- Family Support Programme: offers one-to-one with families to identify areas of family life, where support, advice and goal setting may be required. It centres primarily on the family, their needs and linking in other support agencies to respond to these needs
- Services for Seniors: This involves a number of organised social and community engagement activities for older people. The annual Holiday for Seniors offers a low cost holiday to older people who may not otherwise have the opportunity for a social break. There are also a variety of activities which older people can avail of to enhance their health and wellbeing, e.g. chairobics for seniors.
- Counselling Services: Silver Arch FRC offers an affordable counselling Service for Adults co – ordinated by Silver Arch staff and delivered by a number of qualified Volunteer Counsellors.
Referrals: Self-referrals, and referrals by other agencies
Contact person: Caroline Lydon, Manager
Opening times: Monday –Friday 10am – 4pm (closed 1pm-2pm)
Geographical remit: Northern part of Co. Tipperary