Aware Head Office
9 Upper Leeson Street
Aware is a national organisation providing support, education and information to people impacted by anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder and other mood related conditions.
- Support & Self Care Groups - 26 locations nationwide
- Support Line: Freephone 1800 80 48 48 - 365 days a year, 10.00 a.m. - 10.00 p.m.
- Support Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org - responded to within 24hrs
There are two Support & Self Care Groups in Counties Waterford and Limerick:
- Waterford City Support & Self Care
- Limerick City Support & Self Care Groups
Both these groups meet weekly.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, Aware is providing Zoom and phone in Support & Self Care Groups as alternatives to the face to face meetings. These are peer groups where people can give and receive support, along with sharing coping skills. As places are limited, it is necessary to book in advance at www.aware.ie or by calling Head Office.
Educating and empowering people to look after their mental health is also an integral part of Aware’s work. Aware offers a number of positive mental health programmes for adults and young people in group and online formats. These programmes are designed to equip adults and young people with the knowledge and tools to build resilience and look after their mental health. Programmes include:
- Life Skills Programme: Online - 8 week programme
- Life Skills for Schools Programme: 4 week programme for Senior Cycle Post Primary students
- Self-Directed Programmes: Online – Stress; Sleep; Resilience; Covid-19
- Wellness@Work: Mental health education and training programmes for Employees and managers
Target Group: Adults, aged 18 years and upwards, dealing with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder and other related mood disorders.
How to access: Direct contact by email, on support line and support email
Contact details: Aware Head Office
Support line: Tel. 1800 80 4848
Support email: email@example.com
Web-site: www.aware.ie - for up-to-date information on Education programmes and details re. Support & Self Care Groups