National DFI Office
Disability Federation of Ireland’s mission is to advocate for the full and equal inclusion of people with disabilities and disabling conditions in all aspects of their lives. It calls on all organisations and groups to play their part in effecting real change and it advocates how to do so in its current 3-year Strategic Plan. Disability Federation of Ireland has 120 member organisations and strong links with many more. It has representatives on decision and policy making fora and engages with consultation processes from local to EU levels.
Disability Federation of Ireland works to influence the legislation and policies that affect the lives of people with disabilities in the following ways:
- Working with its member organisations, people with disabilities and stakeholders on policy issues
- Writing policy papers and supporting social research
- Making submissions to government departments and agencies
- Working with other groups who are interested in disability issues internationally, nationally and locally
- Organising seminars, training programmes and conferences to inform Disability Federation of Ireland’s position on key policy issues, and to build awareness of disability inclusion.
How to contact: Direct contact with national office