4 Brunswick Street North
FirstLight (formerly Irish Sudden Infant Death Association) provides crisis intervention and free professional counselling services throughout Ireland to bereaved parents and families whose child, aged 0 - 18 years, has died suddenly.
- Crisis intervention: On receiving notification of bereavement, the FirstLight clinical team will contact the family directly to offer support and advice.
- Home Visit: A representative of FirstLight clinical team will visit the home of the family to provide support and advice
- Counselling: FirstLight provides free professional One-to-One, couple and play therapy counselling nationwide
- Online Support Groups: FirstLight operates three private member peer support groups via Facebook for moms, dads and parents
- Video Counselling: In light of the COVID-19 pandemic FirstLight has launched a video counselling service via its website www.firstlight.ie
- 24/7 Emergency Support Helpline: FirstLight operates a 24/7 helpline for frontline staff, and suddenly bereaved parents and family members.
Target Groups: Suddenly bereaved parents and families; Frontline and Emergency staff, viz., HSE, Social Workers, and Gardaí where a child or young person, aged 0 - 18 years, has died suddenly.
How to access: 24/7 Emergency Support Helpline 1850 391 391